Friday, January 02, 2015

The Most Important New Year's Resolution

Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? I don't usually although I often have some idea of things that I would like to accomplish in the coming year. This year I made a simple resolution - to drink more water. Exciting, I know! But it is simple, doesn't depend on anyone but me, and it is something I should be able to accomplish.

In today's Living Faith reflection, Msgr. Stephen Rossetti writes about the most important New Year's Resolution:

Today's Scripture suggests the essential New Year's Resolution: Remain in Jesus. At the end of our lives, we are not likely to be as thin, organized or fit as we would like. This may be sad, but not tragic. The ultimate tragedy would be to die outside of Jesus. . . .We resolve to follow him throughout this year and every year. This is the one resolution that truly matters.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...