Tuesday, August 12, 2014

New Quilting Project - Sunflower Quilt

I love sunflowers and so I've decided to try to create a sunflower quilt. This is a departure from previous quilts I've done in that it is more of an art quilt and will use applique instead of patchwork. This is the plan I drew for myself. So far, I have the blue fabric for the field (a sheet) and the yellows and greens. I'm searching for some brown or black fabric for the sunflower centers. I also made patterns for the centers and petals. Six months to a year from now you should see the finished product. What I love about quilting is that even if it comes out poorly, it will still be a warm, usable blanket.
I

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...